Thread: Strange problem
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 10:23 AM   #18
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.
Default Re: Strange problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosenkranswa View Post
I'm having a strange problem with a couple Model A's.

The issue started a couple months ago with my 1930 Pickup. The car will start fine and keep running, but when I use the foot or hand feed for gas it will stall. After warming up a bit, I can richen the mixture enough, like a full turn rich, and it will rev normally but lope at idle. Leaning the mixture for a smooth idle results in the same stalling response. Its either a reving response or smooth idle, but not both. Taking it for a drive it seems to have less power and will sputter on hard acceleration. Richening the mixture setting on the road helps, but now almost at 1 1/2 turn rich.

Car is bone stock, stock distributor, stock carburetor, timing set accurately, point gap correct, plug gap correct and plugs are dark gray in color. Gas flow is normal, 6v at all the right places.

Now here's the weird part, this morning my 1931 Station Wagon started doing the same thing. Only difference is that its now hard to turn the mixture control on the woody which has never been a problem.

I was considering having the carburetor rebuilt on the pickup before the woody started with the same symptoms. Now I'm wondering if its something else. I can't think what might be common to the two cars other than that they share the same shed.

Any help gratefully appreciated!!
Is that a list of cars owned in the past or cars owned now. His many do u own right now! Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote