View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
Russ Gaylord Fontana

Default Flatplane/Norden/Cross Fire Crank????

Before I start, I think it only fair to say hello to fellow 'barners'. I'm not good at following rules and although I read endless posts on here have never posted much, so in anticipation of asking a question I'd like to thank anyone who might answer.
So, what I want to know is, has anyone built a flathead with a flatplane crank? The only ones I've seen for sale are from Flathead Jack: http://flatheadjack.com/126.html
It's not cheap and possibly pointless but it seems at times that if I had any sense I wouldn't bother with any flathead at all.
I've read that they're really for race engines, that they vibrate badly, that they pull well out of the bends if you're in a sprint car and if there was a point to them, everyone would have one, etc, etc. Lastly they sound terrible?
Anyone out there who's got any experience on what I could expect, cam, best stroke, how long they'll hold together before a rebuild, tuned exhaust, I could but I probably shouldn't go on and on, so hopefully someone 'll have some personal experience.
Russ Gaylord Fontana is offline   Reply With Quote