View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 04:59 PM   #3
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Rear Engine Mount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABidwell View Post
1946 Super Deluxe

I’m trying to figure out if the rubber backed engine/transmission support assembly should be bolted down to the frame bracket with the pan head bolts that hold the saddle (?) to the bracket OR should it just rest on top of it.

When i took it apart (see photo), it was just resting on top of the saddle, but the Green Book diagram looks like it should be bolted down (even though the Green Book doesn’t show this saddle between the bracket and support assembly). The new support assembly I have has holes for bolts (though there is a thin layer of rubber covering them), so it seems like they are intended to have the bolts go through. It makes sense that you wouldn’t want the support to just bounce around, but it’s odd that it wasn’t bolted down - maybe somebody put it together wrong somewhere along the line.

Anyway, I would appreciate any advice

Thanks,
Mark Bidwell
Hey Mark .....According to the drawing that Mac VanPelt has so generously made available for our information, it shows that you are missing BRACKET #6068, which fits down over riveted CROSSMEMBER #5059, which you can clearly see is riveted into your chassis with 5 rivets on each side. What is odd about this situation is that I don't see the shiny piece in your picture, depicted anywhere in the drawing. I do see a "ROUND-HEADED" stove-bolt #355718-S in the drawing, similar to the two bolts shown in your picture. It almost appears that that shiny piece in your picture would fit over the MISSING Bracket #6068.

I'm sorry that I can't help you any further! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote