View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 12:56 PM   #7
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: FINALLY…T5 WITH Torque Tube in a ‘35-’40 Ford...The WHOLE STORY!

7 At Last…The Whole Enchilada In One Place!

So, there you have it. It took a little time to do, but now, all of the BASIC unknowns have been addressed. Of course, it all gets blown-apart again and Heard will final-finish any cut and crafted pieces to make it all look polished and presentable. However, it should be fairly simple to visualize the end product in your car. This was pretty easy to do without a body in place, but I would venture to say that younger, more-nimble folks than myself could probably carefully and slowly trim the center X-member box with a cut-off wheel from under the car with a body still in place. I hope we’ve presented this in such a way as to be interesting and helpful to many, and that it will answer some questions that many old Ford folks have kicked-around for a while now.
Please be aware that neither Heard nor myself sell or supply any kits, parts, or services related to this project. We’ve only presented this info in an effort to address some questions that continue to appear from time to time. We did this deed to serve our own purposes, mostly ’cuz it was past-due that someone come-up with one basic method to get it done. Hell, there sure ain’t no rocket science involved here. We’re only sharing some hard-earned, yet hard-to-find info with those that may have similar interests. What we can do is attempt to answer any additional questions that any of you might come-up with. Post ’em up! Viva the T5!

And a couple o' extra pics since Heard put the cab back on the chassis, to give an idea as to shifter location. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE

Last edited by V8COOPMAN; 11-03-2016 at 01:02 PM.
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote