View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 08:09 PM   #8
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: 1955 ford fairlane town sedan radiator issue.

Some years ago, I ordered a new radiator from Concours Parts. At that time, they offered the radiator with the transmission cooler or without.
1956 was the last year for the air-cooled converter on V8 cars. So '54/55/56 Ford V8 cars do not need the transmission cooler in the bottom radiator tank.
Another thing you gotta watch out for is the side mounting brackets. the V8 radiators have "recessed" side mount brackets. The 6-cyl cars have extended side mount brackets. You must select the proper configuration for your vehicle.
These same radiators were used in the F100 trucks but they had a different set of radiator mounting brackets. Concours sells the truck radiators too but they are listed in a separate catalog, however, they're probably physically sitting right next to the car radiators in the warehouse.
I'm almost positive they sent me a truck radiator and they sent one with the trans cooler to boot. I went back and checked my order and verified that I DID order the right radiator. They just shipped the wrong one.
I recommend NOT ordering the radiator with the trans cooler as it could cause trouble down the road from condensation and rust through.
My episode with Concours led me to BOYCOTT them ever after.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote