View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 01:39 AM   #11
Ron in Quincy

Default Re: Firewall date code location

In talking to my uncle, a number of years ago, about a early 29 AA truck he purchased new from the Ford Dealer in Stockton CA, I noticed it did not have a date on the gas tank. My uncle advised me that the original gas tank started leaking around the steering column about 2 months after he took delivery; he took the truck back to the dealer and the dealer installed a new gas tank, thats why no date !!!!

I wonder how many other original tanks were changed due to the same problem ?

Another thing he told me about the AA: when he was advised by the dealer that his truck was ready for delivery, and when he got to the dealership he found the cab was a open cab, he was upset as he had ordered a closed cab; he went back to the dealership 2 days later and the dealer had removed the closed cab off a new 1/2 pickup and switched the cab to his AA and put the open cab on the 1/2 ton pickup.

I suspect who ever ended up with the AA belives the truck is all original like it came from the factory ?

Reguarding the stamping that identifies the assemble plant on the sill in front of the front seat, I have also seen it stamped on the passenger side, and sometimes stamped upside down, sometimes facing the rear of the vehicle and somtime facing the front of the vehicle; have also seen bodies with no stamping.

Ron
Ron in Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote