View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 05:57 PM   #1
freak

Default Snyder's radiator vs stock

First let me say that I love Snyder's, I've bought a lot of parts from them and they've always been great. They shipped my new radiator very quickly! This is a comparison of their 30-31 HD radiator to what I believe is a stock radiator.

There are major differences. First thing I noticed was the new one was about 1/3 the weight. My old one is not plugged up with scale what little scale is there I don't believe makes the difference. The radiator looks very different and is constructed different. The lower tank is flat on the repro and the stock has an angled design. The lower outlet on the repro is very narrow. I cannot even get a finger in it. The stock one is much larger that I can reach right through. This bothers me more than anything. The tanks look different as shown but as this isn't a points car I can live with it. The plate for the top mounting rods is very different and the width between the notches is probably close to an inch narrower in the repro. There are other differences as you can see in the pics. This radiator cost $580 which is $200 less than a Bergs. I'd like to see it side by side with a Berg's to see if I wished I got the Bergs. I think I'm going to recore my stock radiator and maybe put it back in someday. For now I'm happy that I'll be on the road Sunday weather permitting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rad1.jpg (94.0 KB, 243 views)
File Type: jpg rad2.jpg (44.9 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg rad3.jpg (50.6 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg rad4.jpg (40.3 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg rad5.jpg (39.8 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg rad6.jpg (86.5 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg rad7.jpg (70.5 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg rad8.jpg (92.1 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg rad9.jpg (98.6 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by freak; 03-29-2021 at 09:46 AM.
freak is offline   Reply With Quote