Thread: facebook
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #30
dlshady

Default Re: facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster62 View Post
AGAIN........can I see whatever that is WITHOUT joining FACEBOOK?
Roadster62, let's look at it this way. My Facebook page is like my personal diary, family photo album, journal and scrapbook all rolled into one big "book" (only it's a web page instead). On my Facebook I can post pictures of the office Christmas party, pictures of my 9 year old driving my Model A, really crude comments about my ex-wife, etc... I can place that book out on the sidewalk in front of my house so that anyone who walks past can flip through it and see whatever I've decided to include in my "book", or I can keep it on the coffee table in my living room so that only people who come to visit me can see what's inside. The difference is determined by how I choose to set my privacy settings on my account there. Just like on FordBarn where you have the option to prevent other members from emailing or messaging you, Facebook allows you the ability to set your account to private or public (there are a lot of other variables, but that's the gist of it).

In regards to your original question, I don't know if you can view the Lehigh Valley's page without being a member. It depends on how they've chosen to set their privacy settings. My suggestion would be to Google "Lehigh Valley Facebook page" and find out. I'm on my way out the door right now and don't have time to check, but if you haven't found out by this evening I'll check it for you.

Rest assured though, clicking on a link to someone's Facebook page isn't going to make your computer explode. I promise!