View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #20
Ron/IA

Default Re: Mom's Last Model A Ride

Tom, my sincere condolenses on the passing of your parents. I was very fortunate to have spent time with both Dad and Mom and my Model A. Dad and I went to a farm sale, purchased the 4-door, restored it to driving condition, and used it on many tours, parades, day & evening drives, etc. I was 19-years old that sale day; so we spent 40-plus years enjoying the car together before his passing.

Tom, as stated above, don't worry about what could have been; we can only do our best to plan the future we want to remember. If that includes doing something with one's parents, great! But life does plot our course from day to day, so do your best and be respectful and congenial.

Mom grew up driving a Model A, she knows what they take to operate. Physically she cannot get in and out of the A anymore. But she is always in attendance to watch it drive by. That is going to happen tomorrow at my home town's annual summer celebration.

When I am out driving the A for pleasure; one of my favorite stops is the local micro-brewery for an adult beverage. People from all over the US stop at that brewery, and the A always brings out a comment. My reply to those kind comments is "Do you want to go for a ride?" When I and my passenger get back, they buy me that beverage, and we discuss old cars. You know who taught me to give others a ride in the A? My Dad!

Hawk A Model A Ford Club
http://hawkamodelaclub.org/
Ron/IA is offline   Reply With Quote