View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #16
Freddie (Memphis)

Default Re: Mom's Last Model A Ride

I'm so very sorry about your Mother, Tom...but she's with your Father now, and they're both healthy, young, and without pain and suffering again. I hope you find peace in knowing and believing that.

As others have said...life's all too short when you get right down to it. Like Jimmy Buffet says..."twenty four hours..maybe sixty good years....it's really not that long to stay...". Unfortunately, I bought my A after I had lost both of my parents....Mom in 2001, and Dad in 2002. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of them and miss them both.

I'm sure both of them would have approved of the A, though... They had an old Dodge (a '33, I think) not long after they were married. They both used to laugh and talk about Mom having to push it off when the battery would go flat...they couldn't afford a new one at the time, so Dad would have to come back inside some cold mornings and ask her to push it off so he could go to work. Life was a lot more simple then...

I'm truly sorry for your loss, Tom...and I'm so very glad you shared the picture with us all...

Guys... if your parents are still with us...call 'em up and tell them how much you love them, will ya? I'd give my left leg to be able to call mine!

I'm still doin' the rhumba, Baby...I just can't seem to quit. If momma catches us doin' the rhumba....momma would just pitch a fit. I can't help myself....it's much bigger than me. If I were you I'd hang on to a rhumba man like me...!
Freddie (Memphis) is offline   Reply With Quote