View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 12:59 PM   #64
WHN

Default Re: What is a "reasonable" speed in a Model A for one to get "reasonable" engine life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C View Post
Yes, I do think your comment is very confusing. My modern daily driver drives nicely at 45mph, ...however equally as well at 55, 65, and 75 mph. You still have not answered my question as to what fails. If I drive a Model-A with stock tires and gear ratio at 30 mph, the engine internals rotate at 1,270 rpm. If I drive the same vehicle at 60 mph, the rpms are 2,540. So the engine turns the same amount of revolutions to cover the same distance however one speed causes the engine reciprocating parts to rotate for twice the length of time. Outside of that, there really should not be any difference in my view. So again, what internally fails, ...and why does the component(s) fail? Is the engine failures at these higher speeds due to engineering design flaws, -or due to faulty craftsmanship?

As for a worn engine, how is this applicable to the original poster's question as he clearly stated it was a freshly rebuilt (i.e.: not worn ) engine. Commenting about a worn engine lasting longer is kinda confusing to the original question.
Brent, your just looking for someone to argue with.

Have fun.
WHN is offline   Reply With Quote