View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 12:44 PM   #24
the cooch

Default Re: 29 Pickup for sale

Truly, the purchase price will be just a start, but damn that’s a good start if you want to end up with a nice model A. I got lucky and scored an inexpensive complete chassis out from under a body that was going on a traditional hot rod build, and a barnyard truck that was really cheap but completely thrashed. Then I spent about what you’re looking at and countless hours just to end up with a p.o.s. compared to the restored model A’s around. I like mine scruffy, and running (thanks Brad!) but continually try to improve them and always have to spend money on them. None of us have seen the truck in question in person but obviously some people with model A experience are shocked at what you’d be getting for the price. I see model A’s for sale in excess of fifteen all the time. There will surely be some expense in its future and it depends entirely on what has already been done, could be a lot or a little. If you get it roadworthy for just the purchase price it will be a legendary tale for sure, but it’s happened. It’s easy to argue both sides but the less you can do yourself the more it will cost is a basic guideline. Do you have tools and a garage or will someone else have to work on it? Good parking spot at home at least? You know, stuff like that to consider. Really the sky’s the limit with spending on it. Maybe it’s a “futzin’ around car” (to quote Dan) and barely needs anything. Maybe everything’s been done totally half assed, and it just looks good in the pics but you have to redo everything. I’m not sure I’m helping, haha… Id just fire it up and see what it does. Good luck! -Chris
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 808C096D-4D68-40A9-A3E8-5DF9BFB6673E.jpg (105.0 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by the cooch; 03-21-2023 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Dumbness…
the cooch is offline   Reply With Quote