View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 11:56 PM   #6
Y-Blockhead

Default Re: Snap-On Dwell Tach

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt in NJ View Post
When center knob is at "set" adjust right "set" knob so meter needle is in the "set" area on the right side of scale
Kurt, Thanks. That makes Sense. I will do that in the morning. After "setting it" do I turn the pointer to the proper voltage for my car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRutter View Post
There is a battery inside. Open it up and be sure that there isn't any corrosion
GRutter. Yes, I opened it up. I replaced the three "C" cell batteries. I cleaned the minimal corrosion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Concord Ca View Post
A few comments. From the picture, the needle zero is off to the right of zero. To adjust first take a damp cloth or paper towel and wipe the plastic meter movement cover. Leave damp, this reduces static charge on plastic cover, then with a small blade screwdriver turn the plastic slot near the center bottom of plastic case to zero meter pointer. As it has a set pot that Kurt mentions, there may be a battery inside the unit. Turn unit over and see if it mentions an internal battery. Enjoy the dwell tach meter.
Herb, excellent. I wiped off the lens earlier and I think I caused the static electricity! I did try to adjust the meter. I'll try with a damp cloth as you suggest.

Thank you all for your responses. It seems like it is in pretty good shape. The wires have a few cracks in them, I may replace them.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote