View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 04:57 PM   #2
37 Coupe

Default Re: New Model A Owner

I don't have an answer to you radiator issue but do have a couple comments.As soon as I saw your user name I recognized it from the Fordbarn Early V8 forum wher I lived for years but still have my '37 coupe. I too always had the idea to get back into a Model A and did so in August after an owner iterim of 42 years.I bought a '31 roadster and all the different from the V8 issues that came with it.Mine had a pretty bad radiator so I ordered and purchased one from Gary Berg.Also pulled engine to address oil leaks and trans and clutch repair.The Model A guys on this forum are absolutely wonderful with their help and the Model A vendors and parts are so much better than what is available for the V8 Fords and no back ordering.I have wondered since I bought this car if other early V8 guys have made this jump to an older Ford and if so like me wanting to try a more basic car with everything more price reasonable also.Good Luck and I hope I can help as I have learned a ton of info that 5 months ago I actually never knew or remembered from my first roadster at 18 years old 1964. If I would have known just 5 months ago what I know now I would still have bought a '31 roadster but not the one I did buy. If I would have taken a knowledgeable Model A owner with me to inspect car they would probably have talked me out of it with the mechanical work it needed . Lots of cars are listed today a older restoration but this one is way older like 1950's-1960's.