View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #19
Marco Tahtaras

Default Re: Headlight Bar fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred93 View Post
The pix that I attached to this reply shows the gap at the front of the headlight bar base where it attaches to the fender. From the information that I have received from this thread I assume that if I reproduce the fender pad area upset etc that I should not need to bend the ends of the headlight bar at all!

With that said---my next question is to find out the best way to reform those upsets in the fender where the bar attaches to the fender/brace. I was thinking about making two metal pieces that would be the same shape as the headlight bar base and bolt them to the fender (one on the top and one under the fender) with a handle on each one so as to bend the fender area (some suggested using the two headlight bars that I have-but I am afraid of goofing up the good one that I plan on using) Maybe I could cut the ends off the one that I arched and use them???

I worry about applying heat to that area of the fender--will I end up with a warped fender that I will just need to scrap????
Please revisit my previous post. Yes, the depression or off-set should be there to match the fender bracket and headlamp bar. However it WILL NOT correct the problem with the bar in your photos!