Thread: Bob drake again
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #14
johnh7

Default Re: Bob drake again

I have ordered three things from "Back Order Bob". I received two of them and neither of them fit, though they were supposed to be a perfect fit. One of them I had to have machined to make it work. It cost me more to have it machined than I paid for the product. The third item was on back order for over 6 months. I found the product in southern California, ordered it and had it in two days. I canceled the order from Bob Drake.

Regarding Mac's, buyer beware. I can't say more, I promised Ryan I wouldn't.

It is getting harder and harder to find good products made for our vintage cars and trucks. There are lots of people out there selling things, but many items don't work and the sellers/manufacturers don't stand behind their products. Finding anything of quality is getting harder and harder. I for one will never buy anything made by Vintique. Their products don't fit! Contacting them about their products is wasted effort.

It is sad that we on this site fight among ourselves instead of standing together to force the sellers to stand behind their products. Our squabbling is what they count on to stay in business, because if we stand together they will go out of business if they don't stand behind their products.

Just because you purchased something from one of them and it fit and worked doesn't make them good sellers. They need to stand behind everything they sell and the fact is they don't! You lucky buyers then argue with and insult those that have the backbone to complain about products that don't fit and the companies that don't stand behind their products.

Mostly I just read on this site because of the many that know far more than I do about flatheads and old cars in general. I learn a great deal that I use in the restoration of my old pickup. I try not to get sucked into heated discussions, but sometimes I can't help but give my two cents.

Live for today, but save for tomorrow!
johnh7 is offline   Reply With Quote