View Single Post
Old 06-27-2019, 02:03 PM   #8
Flathead Red

Default Re: 1940 Ford P/U bed subframe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
I have a lot of footage from redoing the floor in my pickup. I haven't edited it into a video yet, though.

As stated above, the wooden crossmembers are located above holes in the frame. The front one sits at the front of the side members for the bed, they are about 4" back from the front of the bed. The rear locates on the holes in the rear corner of the frame, between two big rivets. There is a small (about 1/4") hole in the side rail in line with where the wooden crossmember goes.

The two intermediate metal crossmembers sit above holes in the frame either side of the hump where the frame goes over the axle.

Are you using all new parts? Do you have no old pieces or rivet holes to guide you?

I can get some actual dimensions from my 41 if you can say exactly what you need.

Mart.
Thanks, Mart. This is the information I was looking for. I will take some pictures and post them this weekend to make sure I'm doing it correctly.

I"m using all new re-pop parts for the bed wood and the inner bed frame. The original one I have was install incorrectly. More to follow.

Red

Flathead Red is offline   Reply With Quote