View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 05:55 AM   #5
john charlton

Default Re: RH Drive Model A

All RHD cars have the gas pedal in the middle . Many English cars of other makes in this time had this setup as well so Ford just followed suite . I have RHD and LHD cars on the road and have no problem switching car to car . The RHD has the adjustable foot rest as the LHD just pivot your foot as LHD very comfortable no problem . I have seen some cars here where drastic surgery such as heating and bending pedals to put the gas pedal to the right a waste of time in my view . Driving a LHD car in RHD country is no problem you do need good mirrors, one slight disadvantage is pulling out from behind a vehicle to overtake but this is seldom as I am way slower and everybody passes me !!! There should be no problem with spare parts new repro parts for the steering boxes are held by most all vendors . The steering arms can be reballed and all other steering are the same track rod ends etc etc . The Pitman arm can be heated and twisted to get correct ball alignment this has been many times and I have never heard of any failures but it is easier to reball an original . You just need to extend the horn wire the rest of the harness is the same it just runs down the right frame rail no problem . The 30/31 brake light switch is frame mounted and is the same as LHD the holes are in the frame to mount it . The 28/29 switch on RHD is bolted to the frame not the trans top .I cant remember but I think I have used a LHD one and fitted it to the trans top upside down I must lift a floor board and see what I did a long time ago now . Please do not convert it to LHD it is just not worth the bother IMHO .The 9K price is very fair if it was for sale in UK at that price it would be snapped up in an instant . As it is from South America it might look good but as most are could be mechanically shot from front to back so beware . Anyway all parts are available and the pedal shaft, collar and bushes are easily made .Make sure it has all its RHD parts if it is a driver it should have .

John in lovely sunny morning morning Suffolk County England .
john charlton is offline   Reply With Quote