View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 09:01 PM   #10
JayJay

Default Re: Extended warrantee

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkaminar View Post
Sorry, I never answer calls that do not register as being in my contact list. If it is important they will leave a message and I can add that number to my contact list. Otherwise it goes on the blocked numbers list. I now only have my cell phone and have done away with the land line. I think I get a free land line with the cable but good luck calling that as we have no phone connected to it. In fact, we do not own a phone that would hook to a land line.
We went a different route. We got a land line number with the cable, so that's the number we give out to anyone we don't want to talk to (e.g., credit card companies, work "home" phone, banks, etc.). We turned off the ringer and have those roll over to the answering machine. About once a week we check the answering machine to make sure we haven't missed anything significant (maybe two or three times a year we miss something). By far the majority (maybe 5:1) are hangup calls that never go to the answering machine. I decided this was preferable to having all the unwanted calls coming to the cell.

We only give our cell phone numbers out to people or businesses we want to talk to. Unfortunately, we've had those numbers for about 20 years, so they've made their way into the aether and we each get a couple of bozo calls a day. I just don't answer anyone whose number I don't recognize.

I still remember when getting a phone call was an exciting thing and everything stopped and people got quiet while you answered it. I also remember party lines...

JayJay

------------------------
1930 Murray Town Sedan
1931 Briggs S/W Town Sedan
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote