View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 10:29 AM   #8
Tod

Default Re: An interesting idea regarding cylinder heads.

Brent hits the nail on the head regarding dealer concerns. There are other ideas I thought of that he did not mention. My main idea is to move maximum amount of product. I have to believe, based on what I have seen, that most Model A owners have no idea that I am making any of the products I sell. I posted the first block build all over the place and it seems that hardly anyone is aware of it. Any time I post about heads, it seems to be a revelation to most people. There is a specific reason for my even considering this suggestion, and that is that I need to make more than half a dozen heads at a time to get decent pricing, but that means I need to sell quantities to match the price breaks I get at the foundry.

I sell more heads from my personal Facebook page than anywhere else. So, as regards builder dealers, I haven't been impressed by their purchasing power yet. Not to say it cannot be there and be the better way to go, just not yet. Right now I can sell everything I make, and do, but that is only because I don't have time to make 20 of each casting and then also hope I can sell them. If pre-orders, through whatever avenue proves best, were enough to take time to make them I would focus on that.

I hope that all makes sense. I am running 2 machines right now and doing a lot of tooling design while I do this so I may not be clear.

Tod
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote