View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 01:23 PM   #128
Jim Arnold

Default Re: Early Ford V-8 Club of America

Member since the mid-nineties when I started the resto of my modified '48 Convert. Since finishing in late 2006, I've driven her to two Regional shows - the 2009 Auburn,IN Central Regional meet and the 2010 Charlotte, NC Eastern Meet. I belong to the Greater Pittsburgh Group #48 also. The Early V8 Club accepts modified '32 to '53 Fords at Meets and have two modified classes (Touring, and Touring A) that accept cars that have engine and drivetrain modifications in varying amounts. (Chevy engines are frowned upon, however.) These are not 'fully judged' classes but have classifications (years groups, closed, open, etc.) and are voted on by a team of members. Awards are also given in these classes. If your modified car doesn't meet the qualifications for these groups then you can still put your car, tractor, etc. in the "Display" class.
I'm going back to the Central Auburn Meet again this year - late August. Hope to have my '40 Convert finished in time for the drive from Pgh to Auburn. The Early Ford V8 Foundation and Museum (main building not built yet) is located there. Much to do, places to go, and great comradarie. Hope to see you there. And for those not a member of the Foundation, consider joining with a contribution -- help perpetuate the legend.
Jim Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote