View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #80
peewee2you

Default Re: Barn find 1940 ford conv. Value

Kube, has it correct. Can't say or define it any better. It's not a good thing when the buyer is found on a website by it's seller, and then it's out there for the whole world to see, not good business in any case. The buyer is wanting to purchase the car at a price that he can restore and still have some value in the car, and the seller who really hasn't figured out if he want's to sell it, is hoping someone will step up now using this forum to give him some outrageous price that will force his hand to make the sale, because if he didn't he'd think to himself I must be crazy, I have to let it go. If I was going to truly restore it, I would have done it by now. After reading these post, he now's going to wash it polish it, and ask for more. I am not I wouldn't do the same thing possibly in this case, but that doesn't make it right.

I have said this before, those of us and you that purchase for the love of putting these automobiles back into shape and road worthy, know what time and money goes into them, this hobby isn't for the faint heart, I don't care if your doing by rattle can work etc, like I am. To rebuild or touch everything on the car wether or not your going for concourse or just a nice daily ride is going to run you some money, and the more professional you want to get about it the more money tons it cost, especially if your farming the work out. Were in the US and nobody works for cheap..

Seller figure out wether or not you truly want to sell the car, then give someone a fair price that he or she can work within, don't get greedy in the end it's murphy's law you got the money and the roof springs a leak, now no money, no car!!

Be fair and life will be fair. My two cents.
peewee2you is offline   Reply With Quote