View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 04:56 PM   #13
DavidG

Default Re: Best electric harness on the market??

While I have not tried one recently, the '32 V8 Bauer/Harris main wiring harness is made incorrectly. The left side spark wire conduits for '32s came in two forms with one where the inside diameter of the conduit is the same from front to back and the other with a rolled-in circumferential depression about 1/2" from the rear end of the conduit. The resulting reduction in the inside diameter at that point acts as a stop so that the wiring harness cannot be pulled too far forward. Their hard core inside the woven end of the wiring harness at that point is too long and cannot pass the reduced diameter of the spark plug wire conduit near the end. The result is that the wires for the distributor coil and generator end up being too short to reach their intended destinations.

I brought this to their attention as that harness could only be used with '32 conduits without the stop near the end. The response that I received was something along the lines of "you have no idea what you are talking about", which, of course, put a smile on my face. I have not purchased any wiring from them since as the correct '32 spark plug wire conduits are a lot harder to find than wiring suppliers, like Rhode Island Wiring, my favorite.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote