View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 07:50 AM   #273
Kube

Default Re: Interest in new restoration project thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
Mike, what spray gun do you like to use on the final finish material? ALSO can you speak to how you have your air supply line equipped?? Air Dryer? Desiccant Filters??? Picture maybe???
ALSO on the inside floor pans and bottom side how much wet sanding and buffing do you do on those? Same as the rest of the body??
KUBE, you and DAVIDG's restorations are the benchmark for sure. JUST Fabulous fabulous work!!! I am in complete awe!!!
Robert,
Use a Devillbiss gun. I'd have to check model number if you'd so desire.
Air dryer and water trap plus I have the lines routed at a downward slope along the rear wall of the spray area. Every four feet there is a lateral "trap"- a pipe that goes nearly to the floor with a levered drain valve at the bottom. There are four of these on the way to the end where I hook up for air supply.
Not my idea but one I found on the good ol' Web. It works wonderfully.
On the inside floors, inside fenders, inside hood, inside trunk lid, etc. all surfaces are prepared just like the top of the hood. So yep, same as the rest of the body.
Buffing? ALL painted surfaces are blocked after painting and buffed. The "inside" of the floor gets just a tad less IF the paint is laid down very well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg floor rear aft.jpg (35.2 KB, 171 views)
File Type: jpg trk floor.jpg (49.3 KB, 176 views)
File Type: jpg conv.jpg (53.3 KB, 176 views)