View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 07:03 PM   #27
meric42

Default Re: repairing rear axle housing bearing races..

Finally here are the pictures I promised, sorry for the delay.

In the first pic you can see the inner spacer held in place by the factory inner hub seal cir-clip and the two ball bearings between which is another spacer @ 1/2" wide. There is a third spacer identical to the inner spacer but fitted on the out side of the outer bearing. The second pic shows the inner seal cir-clip and the inner spacer and the third pic is a close-up of the inner/outer spacer

The width of the spacers is not particularly critical, the complete set-up should be sized to fill the space right out to the seal retaining clip grove. The inner hub seal is no longer required as sealed bearings are used and should require no further lubrication.

Remember the bearings used are only a loose fit into the hub so a thin sleeve is required between the outside of the bearing and the inside of the hub. I have used loctite on mine to secure the bearings and prevent movement in the hub.

I hope the above explanation is clear, if not then please feel free to ask any questions. If anyone is interested I may be able to supply the bearings and spacers in the form of a kit with full instructions, just let me know if interested and I will price up the parts.

Kind regards, Meric42
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01415.jpg (57.1 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01411.jpg (31.2 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01412.jpg (38.1 KB, 191 views)

Gotta love my '42 Sedan Delivery's - Now that I own the only two in New Zealand

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/album.php?albumid=580

Last edited by meric42; 11-29-2010 at 07:28 PM.
meric42 is offline   Reply With Quote