Thread: Cold start
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 09:50 AM   #12
DkFordor

Default Re: Cold start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big hammer View Post
Negative teens ! Back in 1971 dads truck wouldn't start, a Chevy 6 cly, family car a Ford 429 wouldn't start. My A started but turned over oh so slow, after the A warmed up drove dad to his store to get a couple of fresh batteries. Truck started and then used it to jump start the car, dad caught his hair on fire from a back fire, the muffler blew open from a after fire, finely got it going too! All the while my older brother and sister and younger brother and sister watched out a window siting on the 6 foot long hot water radiator.
Similar story, back in the 90's when my Ford still drove, my older brothers much younger car (Opel Kadett) often had starting problems in the winter - both in cold and humid weather. The Ford would always start! The Ford being a 6 volt system, the Opel a 12 volt, jump starting was out of the question - so I had to tow him instead It always worked perfectly from a Ford perspective

My memory may play me trick or two, but I seem to remember driving the car in -10 deg C (14 deg F) without any issues.

The Opel has long since been scrapped - the Ford is being renovated to former glory
DkFordor is offline   Reply With Quote