View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 08:33 AM   #10
Tim Ayers

Default Re: 1941 Super Deluxe convertible / Pricing question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques1960 View Post
With its blunt nose and bulbous trunk, it’s definitely an acquired taste; the ‘41 seems more “Dick Tracy” than Gatsby, a real departure from the elegant lines of Ford’s pre-war styling. Still, it’s growing on me as it honestly reflects the change in the nation’s psyche.

The car in question was “restored” by a local body / paint shop; bodywork / paint have been competently done, interior and top outsourced and done well. Engine bay is “confused”, but easily sorted / improved.

Hagerty suggests a value of about $30,000 for this condition - solid driver, capable of winning at the local level (not regional and definitely not Dearborn).

This said, the loss of members of the Greatest Generation and carnage among the Bitcoin bros haven’t helped pricing of late; would $25,000 be a reasonable expectation for the owner ?
Don't quote me, but I seem to recall either on my local Craigslist or another site a '41 convert, similar to what you describe, in the low $20's. I think you are in the ball park and would start at $20K and see what happens. You can always increase your offer, but you can never decrease it during negotiations.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote