View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 09:08 PM   #336
Terry Burtz, Calif

Default Re: The Terry Burtz 5 main bearing engine blocks are back on track.

Dennis Kliesen, post 329 above, is on his way to Oshkosh WI for the MARC National Convention driving with a "New Engine" in his car.

This afternoon, he sent the following email that is pasted below.

For those of you that didn’t already know, I’m inRoute to Oshkosh WI, for the National Convention held June 7th to 11th. I made my departure from Mission Viejo Tuesday at 2:30 PM. I had a bit of a delay when I arrived in Las Vegas. My son and his wife were enjoying a week early wedding anniversary without V the kids. So I stopped and we spent time with them and walking. Henrietta is sure getting a lot of attention, all age groups waving honking thumbs up etc. Even the truck drivers honk flash their lights and wave. Everybody driving faster than I have been very courteous. So it’s been a pleasant trip so far.

I usually stop for gas between 110 and 150 miles. At first the new engine needed a bit of oil when I gassed up. So I promptly added to bring the level up to full. This last time it didn’t require any oil added, and that is in Beaver,UT. My MPG is averaging right at 19. I’m driving in 3rd gear and direct with the Mitchell gear splitter. I average between 50 to 55 out on the road. It was hot yesterday, but was cooling in the afternoon when I passed through Baker, CA. 91° when I passed through.

I haven’t taken very many pictures, not a whole lot to see. I’ll be passing through the most scenic of Utah soon and I’ll be stopping for pictures.

The new Burtz engine has been flawless so far. Not a drop leaking anywhere. This engine runs butter smooth. I really have to watch the speedometer beings I can’t tell how fast I’m going by the way the engine sounds. I’m extremely pleased with the new engine.

Have a great week everybody!

Dennis
Terry Burtz, Calif is offline   Reply With Quote