View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #13
Colonel

Default Re: how can we get the youth to be come involed in our hobby?

I suspect that regardless of all our best efforts, the passion for the Model A, as we know it, is changing with the generations. Surely there will always be a core group of die hard Model A'ers and the car will live on. Whether the Hobby can support two National Clubs and many annual events over the long term is questionable but it will self-correct to meet the new needs of the Hobby and its Members. It may be smaller but it will always be relevant and exciting for the passionate.

Maybe our contribution is best directed to support, donate and yes expand the MAFFI Museum to assure it has the ability to house and display the Model A as we know it. Not just the show cars, but the touring cars, the daily drivers, the few that remain original along with the many unique vehicles Ford produced during those fabulous 4 years. I personally love to hear the stories of the cars that have remained in the same family for many years and generations. The story makes the car. Personally, I am hoping the Museum has control over the property just behind the Museum building to greatly expand its size and create, through donations and purchases, the best Model A's and period collection in the World for all to see forever. Surely we would want our favorite or best car to be preserved -- either by our friends or family or through a great Museum.
Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote