View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 12:49 AM   #1
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA

Default San Diego Big 3 swap meet - Nice time! What did you find?

The San Diego Big 3 swap meet was Friday Feb 21 through Sunday the 23.
I understand that it was sold out. Sellers set up Friday morning between 7 AM and noon (sellers buy from each other during that time). The general public arrived at noon. The general public arrived at 8 AM on Saturday.

The weather was very nice. I talked to people from Wisconson and Illinois who were happy to get away from their cold winter weather. I met people from out of country who were glad to get away from rainy weather. It was probably in the high 70's on Saturday and low 70's with cloud cover on Saturday.

I met a lot of nice people, including some Fordbarners who I get to see only at this swap meet. My brother came with me this year. It was nice to visit with him and he watched my space several times allowing me to look for treasures.

Every year Gary Karr is nice enough to bring one of his cars to share with everyone. This year he brought his Henry award winning 1929 Tudor. What a beautiful car. Thank you Gary!

There were several Model A's for sale. The cheapest I saw was not running, in poor condition, and diplayed a sign for $6500.

I sold a lot of parts. It's alway nice to sell the heavy items like a rear end and a restorable short block (missing the head and pan). I sold a 1923 Model T block (no crank or pistons) for $10, just so I wouldn't have to bring it home.

I talked to an excited fellow who had just bought a nice working Sparton horn for $55. I saw a new Aries muffler go for $165. I should have bought it when I had a chance, but you know how that goes.

I bought a working accessory Westclox Model A clock for $25. Other items I found were pairs of DMV clear Model A era California license plates, some Zenith carburetors, a Fulton tire lock for a 21 inch wheel, some unrestored popout switches, a powerhouse generator, some restorable shock absorbers, and a gear shift knob that has an Indian face on it.

I'm hoping that others will share their opinion and tell us what items they found.

Regards, Neil

Last edited by Neil Mylar LakewoodCA; 02-23-2014 at 02:04 AM.
Neil Mylar LakewoodCA is offline   Reply With Quote