View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 12:44 PM   #1
Brobrian

Default I'm Torn, please advise

Ok, guys, I'm really struggling here with whether or not to put my '28 Special Coupe up for sale. If you're interested in helping point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate some perspective.

I got the car from my dad 25 or so years ago, and have been driving it and working on it ever since. The coupe runs well, but needs to have the top redone. And as with most A's, I could still fix a few things.I now have a '31 PU which I've put a lumber rack on and which is now the more useful vehicle. So I find myself hopping in the truck all the time while the coupe barely gets driven. On the other hand, every time I see a the car, or even a picture of it on my computer I realize I still love it.

My wife is going to buy an new car here in the next month. (And believe me, she deserves it after driving her Previa for 20 years and 300,000 miles.) If I sell the coupe there will be room in the garage for her car and, of course I'll have fewer "things" to maintain. Additionally, if I sold the car, I'd sell one of my bikes too and combine the funds to get a newer bike. (I get around either in an A or on a motorcycle). Seems like a good plan to me. But, I'm not much of a wheeler-dealer and I just can't seem to place the ad.

Any input?