View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 11:47 AM   #17
TerryH

Default Re: Introduction and Fordor Question

Ford made both Fordor's & Town Sedan's; many differences cosmetically.....Town Sedans have cowl lights, armrest in rear seat, pinstriping in certain areas, woodgrained dash rail & window garnish trim, and nicer upholstery. I would also suggest that before you buy a Model A, that you familiarize yourself with the differences between the different models and also between the 1928/29 & 1930/31 models. This one looks like a classic case of someone doing a superficial "restoration", instead of a proper one. A nice shiny paint job, and new interior dazzle, but as others have pointed out, a lot of important details are either not addressed or done wrong. If you want to buy a nicely restored car, ready to enjoy, then you need to find an owner that has documented all that was done, along with receipts. I bought my 1930 Town Sedan from someone who had spent 10 years doing a complete restoration, both mechanically & cosmetically, and he had hundreds of photos plus a whole large envelope of receipts. The photos were both before and after. When you find one that looks right, try and have someone from a local Model A club go with you to both look at it and drive it.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote