View Single Post
Old 05-19-2017, 08:13 AM   #12
rotorwrench

Default Re: what does EBA stand for ??

Barry-ct
You are correct on the later use of B for the 50s decade. In the early form of the code they were still finding there way to a settlement. The original intention may have been to use the first alpha prefix character to denote the actual year of intro but like I mentioned there are many exceptions so it's hard to say. After 1953, they seem to have finally settled for the character"B" to represent the decade of the 50s. I know in 1952 they started using F and M on prefixes and they likely just represented Ford & Mercury. After the changes starting in 1954 subsequent updated parts started to use the updated prefix that finally started to represent decade, model, and other codes about the vehicle the part was originally made to fit. Adding Thunderbird and Edsel vehicles in in the mid to late 50s made it very necessary to make the changes.

JSeery
I agree on bringing things back up even if it is just a humorous gesture it certainly won't hurt. We can all use some humor now and then. The HAMB is a different story due to the shear numbers of folks that frequent the board. It can become clutter if overdone,
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote