View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 09:31 PM   #34
mr_roboto

Default Re: Transmission bearings

I've been in NOS / surplus bearings for years, and was a third generation Ford worker. Ford primarily sourced bearings from Bower, they were local in Detroit. Most of the OLD Ford boxed bearings I have are Bower. There were some made with just the Ford script, I saved one from years ago.

Regarding Hyatt: Be careful, NDH Hyatt was shut down in 1986 except for the Sandusky plant that continued to bid OEM and government contracts, and the Clark plant, that was bought out by the employees, but failed within a few years. The Hyatt name (only) was bought by General bearing in 2013, and various Russian and Chinese bearings have been produced with the Hyatt name. General bearing has since been bought by SKF. Do not take this as an indication of quality.... just a demand for low cost, low quality bearings!

NDH Hyatt bearings were made in the USA or Canada, were stamped with the part numbers (in some cases marked with an electric pencil because the stamping equipment was getting worn out), and newer ones had the GM logo on the box. Older boxes said Delco Hyatt.

If it just says Hyatt and it's in a new box, it's an import. While there are still some NDH's in bulk packs that the boxes look like new, there aren't a lot. Mostly the very small ball bearings.

I do have a very limited stock of NOS Hyatt design bearings for these transmissions, as well as other NOS bearings. Patriot Bearing Supply - Cleveland.
mr_roboto is offline   Reply With Quote