View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #29
Marv

Default Re: oil detergant or non det.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Henry View Post
OK. I'm ready for it. Who are you? You "one guy that will have a valid answer for running non-detergent." Come on. Let's hear something other than "We'll, shortly after we put detergent oil in our car it blew up." Come on. What kind of scientific evidence is that. Has anybody's engine ever died for any other reason than that they just put detergent oil in it?

OK. Here I am without a life after 11:00 P.M. Better go to bed before someone takes me up on this and comes up with some really scientific evidence to prove their point.

Oh, BTW, I was a debater in High School as well. Can you tell?

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just trying to have some fun while trying to go to sleep.

(I might have gone into politics but I couldn't stand the scrutiny of the media. They are brutal! Wouldn't put my wife and family through that. I wouldn't put ME through that. Besides, my credibility is low enough as it is just being a lawyer. Imagine if I was a politician on top of that.)
The point was not that using detergent oil would blow the engine , it was that after runnig non detergent oil, if you used detergent it would clean the engine and plug the oil filter and cut grime loose that would ruin your bearings. If non detergent oil was so god we would be running it in new fords and changing oil every 2000 miles and engines would still be getting overhauled every 40 or 50,000 miles if they lasted that long. I do not use non detergent in any of my engines unless the weed eater oil is non detergent and it has synthetic additives in it. Marv
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote