View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #18
Old Henry

Default Re: oil detergant or non det.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Prof. Henry has done a very nice job of explaining reality, though I would guess he's not been trained as a tribologist.
Had to look that one up.

Tribology: The science and engineering of interacting surfaces in relative motion. It includes the study and application of the principles of friction, lubrication and wear. Tribology is a branch of mechanical engineering.

Thanks for the new vocabulary word.

You are right that "He's likely an inquisitive and detail oriented soul, and has taken the time to inform himself." When I graduated from law school eons ago I was surprised to discover that I had not learned as many answers as I had learned what questions to ask and how to find the answers. I have, ever since, been eager to learn what I do not know and share that knowledge with others. This forum gives me just one more outlet for that.

Thank you all for asking questions. If I do not know the answer from my personal experience I will try to find a very well documented (supported with evidence and scientific testing) one to share.

Last edited by Old Henry; 12-17-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old Henry is offline   Reply With Quote