View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 09:13 PM   #11
Synchro909

Talking Re: Extended warrantee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
We went a different route. We got a land line number with the cable, so that's the number we give out to anyone we don't want to talk to (e.g., credit card companies, work "home" phone, banks, etc.). We turned off the ringer and have those roll over to the answering machine. About once a week we check the answering machine to make sure we haven't missed anything significant (maybe two or three times a year we miss something). By far the majority (maybe 5:1) are hangup calls that never go to the answering machine. I decided this was preferable to having all the unwanted calls coming to the cell.

We only give our cell phone numbers out to people or businesses we want to talk to. Unfortunately, we've had those numbers for about 20 years, so they've made their way into the aether and we each get a couple of bozo calls a day. I just don't answer anyone whose number I don't recognize.

I still remember when getting a phone call was an exciting thing and everything stopped and people got quiet while you answered it. I also remember party lines...

JayJay
Like, "What's a pretty girl like you doing in a place like this?"