View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #23
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: Model A Air conditioning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Altieri View Post
Hello,
I know it is blasphemy to think that anyone would modify a Model A ... BUT, modified cars are part of our heritage. With that said, have any of you found an easy to install, after market, air conditioner to install in a V8 powered Model A coupe?
It is time for a little comfort. ( My wife and I covered over 25, 000 miles in our non-air conditioned '31 truck over the last 5 years of summer and fall driving. It gets ridiculously hot in the cab of an A truck when it is over 90 degrees and less than 108 degrees!) Temps over 90 degrees are not uncommon in our part of California.
I have a radiator which is set up for air, so I don't need another condenser. I would like to find a unit which will neatly fit under the dash (gas tank has been removed) and can have vents either through or under the dash.
It would be greatly appreciated if you have had experiences which you could share about such an installation.
Joe
Joe, did you also try and ask on the HAMB site as you have a V8 and not a model A engine?