View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 08:20 PM   #4
holdover

Default Re: Just took a ride in the 29.

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
We watch the grand kids, (9 & 13) 3 days a week, Wed.- Fri. If they are not here they are home, no where else, so things are safe. They get academic teaching for a couple of hours every day, then we work on projects. I live on a farm so they have room to drive vehicles and do many other things. I start the kids off at 8 years old how to drive a vehicle and to shift a manual trans, they each have vehicles to drive. With 5 As there is always something to do, they have worked on carbs, starters, trans, seen brake work know how to prep a vehicle for paint and many other things, if they were a bit older I would be teaching them welding. We are also working on two other vehicles, a 1992 Mustang hatchback and a '84 RX 7 track car. The Mustang has had a complete change of suspension to race spec pieces, new brakes , lines, exhaust sway bars, springs etc. The RX 7 has a built 302 and 5 speed, 95 Corvette front and rear suspension, drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk brakes etc. We are now putting in a 10 point roll bar, racing seats and harness. We plan to use it to Auto Cross with the SCCA and do track time at Virginia International Raceway, same with the Mustang, once this Virus is over. Been doing SCCA since the early 60s. Today we took the '31 TuDor for a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway and a picnic. A good time was had by all. Between the garage and the academics there is always something to do. be safe..
holdover is offline   Reply With Quote