View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 09:34 AM   #12
JCHarvey

Default Re: More kudos to Bert's Model A Center

My experience with Bert’s began in 2015 when I began to get my Dad’s 1930 Coupe running. I knew nothing about Model A’s but always thought the car looked cool. My Dad bought it in 1976 and restored it over a 20 year period then it sat in a garage for another 20 years. There was 40 miles on the odometer. After he passed in 2017 my sisters and I decided to sell the car so I called Steve at Berts to determine its value. He met me at the storage place on a Saturday and told me it’s value as is and the higher value if running. A year passed and I finally hauled it to Berts to get it running so we could sell it. In the end, I couldn’t bring myself to sell it so I bought my sisters shares and kept it. I’ve had Berts go thru the brakes, steering, clutch, transmission, and long block rebuild. This spring I pulled the rear end and took it to Berts to have a Mitchell OD installed and the differential seals and bearings replaced. I’m now learning and doing the work myself in my quest to make it a touring car. We’ve made room in the garage for the Model A and I get a smile on my face every time I look at it and think of my Dad. What a wonderful gift he left for me to learn about and enjoy. I only wish I had taken more interest and asked more questions about it when he was with us.
I’m lucky to live in the Denver area and close to Berts. It’s unlikely I’d have kept it without having that resource. Steve, Tim and Dan in the shop are awesome. There seems to be a few very good Model A repair and supply businesses around the country and Berts is the best of the best, in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8AFB7673-2075-4F47-8071-40591725801A.jpeg (31.1 KB, 40 views)
JCHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote