View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 09:13 AM   #1
Marshall V. Daut

Default More kudos to Bert's Model A Center

I am breaking with my self-imposed posting exile this one time because I want the readership here to appreciate the truly excellent customer service provided by Bert's Model A Center in Colorado. This is especially important for those readers, who have not yet ordered parts from Bert's. Longtime Model A owners already know that Bert's is a quality supplier. But it doesn't hurt to occasionally make public positive buying experiences with a trusted suppler, specifically Steve Becker at Bert's.
A recent very expensive purchase at Bert's turned out to be defective from the manufacturer. REALLY defective, as in "it never should have left the factory". This was in no way Bert's fault, as the defect was only discovered once I had received it upon disassembly to prepare it for installation. I wrote Steve and explained the problem, as well as included photos of the defective component. Steve got on the problem right away, even in the middle of a work day. He contacted the manufacturer and passed along my complaint. I could appreciate that Steve was in an awkward position between a dissatisfied customer and his sole supplier of this part, yet he didn't give up or tell me it was my problem to resolve. I received news today that he will be sending a quality replacement part in exchange for me returning the defective one. Once received, Steve should send it to the manufacturer for compensation.
In this day and age of less than satisfactory customer service by companies who no longer care, Bert's stands out as a quality supplier that the Model A community needs to continue to support. I wonder what kind of satisfaction I would have received from other vendors? This is not to say the "other guys" would not react favorably, but I KNOW Bert's will every time.
Marshall
Marshall V. Daut is offline   Reply With Quote