View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
t&ajim

Default please help my model a is makin me nuts

ok heres whats going on.i bought this car in may a 1930 fourdor it ran ok when i bought it but on the drive home it bucked a little.i got home and took my wife for a ride we nearly didn't make it home car was running so bad.i call the guy i got it from he said he never had any problems with it.but he and the guy that rebuilt the motor years ago would come out to look at it.so they came and looked said it had burned the points.so we replaced them.no good so he said you need new plugs.put in new plugs ran great.he told me i needed a new distributor .so i ordered a new one from mac's i went ahead and replaced all the ignition parts cap rotor plugs again, coil and wires armor cable. the car ran great i was so happy itook my wife for a long drive and we put on about 75 miles.a little later in the day i went for a drive and it started to run really bad again.i made it home just in time for it to die and not restart.with the coil wire off and cranking it.i have a nice blue spark but then it stops for a few seconds then starts sparking again.the plugs get black and gas soaked in just a few seconds of cranking no mater how lean i have it set.please help
t&ajim is offline   Reply With Quote