View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 10:43 PM   #9
daveymc29

Default Re: New or Used Parts

If it were I doing this I'd try to find someone that wants hydraulics for their stock A and trade, redoing everything that needs redoing. If I couldn't make the trade, I would look into the advertisers in the Restorer. There is one in the Central Valley that makes all new stuff based, I believe, on the Buick brakes. I have three A's, two with mechanicals and one with hydraulics (came that way) and in my case the hydraulics do stop better without locking up, but all cars have 600 X 16 tires on the road and do stop well, though it takes more pressure on the pedal on my stock ones. But, they never leak nor will one bad cylinder render all brakes relying on how strong and quickly I can pull the emergency brake, a bad thing to do with mechanicals but okay with hydraulics. I had a pin fall out of the system on the hyd. and render the pedal useless but the rear brakes got me home with judicious use of the hand brake. I wouldn't have tried that on a freeway with mechanicals with the pedal laying on the floorboard. (I am using 39-42 brakes on the front and <48's on the rear. If I change them I will get rid of the early ones for ease of adjusting.)
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote