View Single Post
Old 11-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #24
Hster

Default Re: Generator Voltage

H.L., I did talk to John Regan. You were correct in your description of him. However, by the time he had returned my call I had taken Tom's advice and installed it as per the written instructions, it works perfectly. I told John my concern about the high voltage and felt a bit foolish because it was a voltage regulator I was installing DUH! I was just concerned about there being some parameters as to the voltages it would function. John was indeed very helpful. I also told him about the hugh draw when the lights are on (stock bulbs). Obviously not normal and his suggestion was to check the wiring since the cowl lights are on with the headlights. He thought I should put in a new wiring harness and get it back to stock and the worry about the turn signal setup later. Their has been several issues with the previous owners work like reverse polarity on the coil, headlight wiring etc. so a new wiring harness will be in the works. John also said I could call him if I needed help with any electrical problems. Incredible! He is an amazing man he must really love what he does. It is a delight to know there a people in the world like him.
Thank you for the suggestion to contact him
Herb
Hster is offline   Reply With Quote