View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #51
sanborn

Default Re: Flatheads and Ford Barn - Really should read.

I love the FordBarn! It's one of the first I pull up in the morning.

My love for flatheads goes back many years to when I was a young teen. I wanted a bad, fast car---the only problem was I had VERY limited money. I wanted a 40 coupe, but they cost just too much, about $350-$500. So I had to settle for a Model A Coupe, much cheaper and much lighter as well. I learned that a flathead V8(warmed up of course) in a Model A coupe could run almost as fast as the hot ticket at that time----a 57 Chev, stick shift, etc. So that became my first love---fast yet I could afford it.

Over the years, I went drag racing and the SB GM became the norm. Then later came circle track racing and Mopars were our choice and here we are 50 years later and we still run Mopars in front engined dragsters.

I still love the flatheads and my next car will have a "hot lick" flathead in it. Heck, if I could afford an Ardun----the Cobra engine in our 40 ford would come out----but affording it is another matter.

With all this said, I appreciate an original car, a modified car or a street rod. I don't look at GM powered Fords much, but Ford powered Fords I do appreciate. But I do appreciate Cords, Auburns, etc as well. I think the Ford Barn is large enough for all!
sanborn is offline   Reply With Quote