View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:19 AM   #12
40convert

Default Re: 32 3 window coupe, stored since 62

Thanks for the nice comments.
Hardtimes, I don't get your post, doesn't sound like you ever saw this car. Even so sounds like the kid got a good deal but that doesn't make it a barometer for the hobby does it? I bought my 40 convert for 22k, a very nice old restoration, does that mean they're all worth that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
40convert,
Nice score, thanks for sharing! I hope that you didn't pay more than 20K ! I was just up in the Sierra for the last couple weeks , dry camping out on the desert near a very small town named Crowley...about one mile from camp. Well , been camping there on/off for fourty + years. Went up to Mammoth Mtn to do some fishing and stopped at a gas/mechanic station to look at an old truck. A young lad , in his twenties, working there as a mechanic...told me of his recent purchase of a '32 ford 3 window. He said..just cleaned things, gassed it up and ran it ! He stated that he got it out of a garage in a small town named Crowley, just down by the lake of same name! He said that the ole man owner was dying of cancer and wanted to sell. This kid heard of the car from his co worker who worked the night shift. Dam near made me have night mares for a few days...knowing that I was camped within a mile of that car for decades and never heard or knew of it. Yup, they are still out there, but you have to be lucky enough to learn of their presense/whereabouts! Oh, by the way, the kid paid 20K for that complete drivable car.
40convert is offline   Reply With Quote