View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #38
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Default Re: The Death Wobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdlmomowers View Post
I have been trying to help the original poster with his wobble problem. We have done all the things that he has mentioned. When the car goes into its death wobble, all the steering linkage moves an equal amount, both wheels wobble back and forth and the linkage moves clear back through the pitman arm. When it wobbles, the steering wheel does not seem to shake as violently as the rest of the steering linkage. He now has a gentleman helping him that knows Model As alot better than I do. They seem to be making some headway at correcting the problem a little at a time. There isn't much left but the steering gear box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise_24 View Post
Why would you ask if there really is a problem? Of course there is or I wouldn't be posting here. Anyways Thursday we pulled both king pins and put everything back together. I ended up tightening the drag link a couple more turns. The car went out today and drove over every man hole cover or bump I could find and I'm proud to say it did not wobble or shake or anything. I also tightened up the bolt that holds the pit man arm on as well and that took some play away. So who knows if it's truly fixed but I did a lot of driving and it was so smooth. So maybe it was a combination of everything, but hopefully I am in good shape now. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions, I think I did them all. Lol. Too bad it's October and the driving season is about over.
i am confused wasnt shaking down the frt end , adjusting the alignment and cking for any slop at the pitman arm to box suggested in the first death wobble thread months ago??
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote