View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 09:50 AM   #14
dmsfrr

Default Re: 1957 Thunderbird Heater Valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5851a View Post
Does C&G Ford parts still rebuild them on your core? Or was it just earlier built in models?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
Yes, they advertise rebuilding either - https://cgfordparts.com/wwwsectionfi...rol_valve.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
I've gone thru 3 of these #@&% things!
Mine leaked coolant, but the vacuum diaphragms worked fine, so I can't see the sense in changing to a mechanical valve since the seals are probably the same.
At that linked C & G page I'm seeing six listings for other style *rebuilt* heater control valves but only one entry for the more upright style, and it doesn't say "rebuilt". It only seems to be available from them as a new replacement.

I originally chose to go with a plain metal elbow at the front of the intake to avoid the cost and aggravation of picking between two choices of semi-expensive off-shore parts that fail too quickly.
Yes the coolant circulates thru the heater core all the time but the ductwork between the fan and heater core is easy to block off (if needed) with a piece of cardboard or even a clean shop rag. An added benefit could be less corrosion buildup in the heater core???

I considered an elbow with a built-in hand operated valve (didn't like the look) or even removing all the heater hardware but wanted to retain a decent resemblance to how the car was originally built.

Last edited by dmsfrr; 04-20-2021 at 01:38 PM.
dmsfrr is offline   Reply With Quote