View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #13
ken1939

Default Re: The Patina Eradication Project (1936)

Whats the old line, if they were your friends they wouldnt tell you that you would F it up if you painted it. I happen to like paint, and black always a winner, especially when it was to start.

I think you did a fine job and made the right decision. I think all your tweaks were classy and well thought out as well.

Like the others mentioned, the story that goes along with it is worth way more than any doo dad you could put on any car.

At my age now, I understand why my late friend Jack always said he had more fun building them than driving them, and with your story it ads to my knowing why he felt that way.

The only car I saw at the Back to the 50's weekend in St Paul last week was a true "pantia" car. Well it was actually rust. It was a 32 Gennie Roadster, high boy edition. That was the only car I ever saw that I would not have painted. It was neat the way it was. So out of all my time looking at these cars, my list of not to paint was only one car

And as a matter of truth, needing anyones approval for your work and your path is nice, but your choices are the right ones in the end.

Accept for that guy that put a 55 Chevy hardtop on a 4x4 suspension.

Dont be that guy!
ken1939 is offline   Reply With Quote