Thread: OD power loss
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 07:42 AM   #5
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: OD power loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandersen33 View Post
Its a 3.75 i believe with 26 OD. I tried shifting into od at 45 and 50 all the way up to 55. 3 low cruises all the way up to 55 no problem then i shift into OD and it drops to 50 ish and wont accelerate unless im on a decline. 2 high has no problem accelerating. I tried timing at o advance at idle as well as timing from full advance with 25 and 28 degrees. Im stumped.

I see where you did not mention camshaft.

While many people struggle with believing this, it is my opinion that a camshaft is a better performance gain than a high compression cylinder head. As mentioned above, this Model-A engine was designed around the premise of strong low-end torque. When you compare dyno performance numbers with a NOS stock camshaft vs. a reground 'Touring Cam' that the majority of the engine rebuilders use, you will see the max torque is above the useful range of an overdrive-equipped Model-A. Again, I do not know which camshaft you have inside your engine, but I am wondering if that is your issue. Also, aren't you the one that was wanting to use a MG carburetor on your car?

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote